Retuerta and Valladolid “the Ansúrez legacy”
Pedro Ansúrez was the right hand of King Alfonso VIII of León at the time when the Reconquista reached the Douro River. Count Pedro Ansúrez himself would become the founder of the city of Valladolid, while his daughter Doña Mayor would establish the Abbey of Santa María de Retuerta. Tour the city founded by the patriarch of the family.
Meet your guide in Valladolid.
Stroll through the streets of the city center: we’ll learn about the places most connected to the Count: The Church of Santa María de la Antigua, which was the chapel of his long-lost palace, the ruins of the Collegiate Church of Santa María, the relics of the old Alcázar and the portrait of the Count himself that presides over the Plaza Mayor (main square) of Valladolid.
- Activity available to guests staying at LeDomaine.
- Reservations required.
- Available during the months that the hotel is open.
- Activity subject to availability.
- Estimated duration: 1.5 hours.
- Cancellation policy: 48 hours.
- If desired, you may reserve transportation and book a Tapas Tour after sightseeing.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
Safety and hygiene measures will be adapted to guarantee our clients’ safety.