Retuerta and Ribera del Duero
Abadía Retuerta Le Domaine is located at the border of the most important Designation of Origin for Spanish wine: Ribera del Duero. Since the time of the Reconquista, when French monks settled in this area, wine has been a fundamental part of our culture. Premonstratensians, Cistercians, Benedictines… orders that introduced the wine culture to our lands, left an important legacy.
- MEET YOUR GUIDE IN THE HOTEL’S RECEPTION AREA: Transportation to Olivares de Duero, where we’ll visit a spectacular altarpiece located in the Church of San Pelayo. Next, we’ll head to the Monastery of Santa María de Valbuena, a 13th century Cistercian establishment and one of the order’s first in Spain.
- IN PEÑAFIEL, WE’LL DISCOVER ANOTHER MONUMENT THAT IS ESSENTIAL TO UNDERSTANDING CASTILE OF THE MIDDLE AGES: Its castle, one of the best conserved in the province, and its oneof-a-kind Plaza del Coso.
- Activity available to guests staying at LeDomaine.
- Reservations required.
- Available from February to December.
- Activity subject to availability.
- Estimated duration: 1.5 hours.
- Cancellation policy: 48 hours.
- If desired, you may reserve transportation and book a Tapas Tour after sightseeing.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
Get information about the experience you desire to enjoy
If you are looking for a unique experience, in Abadía Retuerta they are available every day of the year from Monday to Sunday and are attended by specialized personnel. Request your Unique Experience and our Reservations department will get in touch with you to give you an answer as soon as possible.