Retuerta and Ribera del Duero
Abadía Retuerta Le Domaine is located at the border of the most important Designation of Origin for Spanish wine: Ribera del Duero. Since the time of the Reconquista, when French monks settled in this area, wine has been a fundamental part of our culture. Premonstratensians, Cistercians, Benedictines… orders that introduced the wine culture to our lands, left an important legacy.
Meet yout guide in the hotel’s reception area: Transportation to Olivares de Duero, where we will visit a spectacular altarpiece located in the Church of San Pelayo. Net we will head to the Monastery of Santa María de Valbuena, a 13th century Cistercial establishement and one of the order’s first in Spain.
In Peñafiel we will discover another monument that is essential to understanding Castile of the Middle Ages: Its castle, one of the best conserved in the province, and its oneof-a-kind Plaza del Coso.
- Activity available to guests staying at LeDomaine.
- Reservations required.
- Available during the months that the hotel is open.
- Activity subject to availability.
- Estimated duration: 1.5 hours.
- Cancellation policy: 48 hours.
- If desired, you may reserve transportation and book a Tapas Tour after sightseeing.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
Safety and hygiene measures will be adapted to guarantee our clients’ safety.