Abadía Retuerta, S.A. agrees to respect your privacy and duly protect your personal data when it collects and shares data with other persons as part of its legitimate business.
Further to the Novartis Policy on Personal Data Protection, Abadía Retuerta, S.A. has adopted the Binding Corporate Rules (BCR), a set of principles that regulate the international transfer of the personal data of employees, customers. and business partners of Abadía Retuerta, S.A. and other persons whose data are collected and processed in the EU and Switzerland. The approval of Novartis’s Binding Corporate Rules by the EU and the Swiss Data Protection Authorities makes it possible for Novartis to comply with EU and Swiss data protection laws when sending your personal data from these countries to its subsidiaries around the world.
What personal data protection principles apply?
Novartis companies sending your personal data from the EU or Switzerland to other countries must comply with governing laws, the policies in place at Novartis and the Binding Corporate Rules. In particular, said companies must:
- collect and process your personal data by transparent and legal means;
- process your personal data for specific and legal purposes only and not use them for any other purpose;
- inform you of all and any transfers of your personal data and, where applicable, seek your consent when so required by local laws;
- keep your personal data only for the necessary time unless law requires or allows for longer or shorter periods of conservation;
- protect the confidentiality of your personal data and adopt appropriate, reasonable security measures to protect them against unauthorised access, accidental damage or loss, misuse and unauthorised alteration or erasure.
What are my rights?
If you are a collaborator, customer or business partner of Abadía Retuerta, S.A. or another person whose personal data have been collected and processed by Abadía Retuerta, S.A. in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights:
- you may ask Abadía Retuerta, S.A. to inform you about how it collects and uses your personal data based on applicable local laws;
- you may ask Abadía Retuerta, S.A. to correct, erase or refrain from using your personal data if they are incomplete or inaccurate;
- you may object to the processing of your personal data and require Abadía Retuerta, S.A. to refrain from processing your data if your objection is legitimate;
- you may ask for a review of the decisions made on the basis of automatic processing of your personal data if such decisions affect you in a significant way.
How can I exercise my rights?
If your personal data have been sent to a Novartis Group company in a non-EU country other than Switzerland and said company does not offer an adequate level of protection and you believe that your personal data have been processed in breach of the Binding Corporate Rules, you may proceed as follows:
- you may file a claim with the Novartis Business Practices Office (BPO) by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (the link sends an email); your claim will be examined in accordance with our internal procedures;
- you may file a complaint with the competent data protection authorities or with the courts of Switzerland or the EU country from which your personal data have been sent.