Your safe destination is now even safer
“Exclusiveness has always been a priority for our customers, and now they’re also concerned about safety. That’s why since the start of the pandemic, we have continuously strived to establish procedures that provide the greatest guarantee of safety to our guests and employees. Our environment helps a lot: It’s a privilege to have a 12th century abbey with just 30 rooms spread across 8,000 m2, surrounded by 700 hectares of vineyards along the Douro River, and enjoying several outdoor restaurants options. And this is all less than two hours away from Madrid”
CEO, Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine
Exclusiveness is even safer
2 hours drive from Madrid
Get here the safest way, in your own car
Exclusive and bespoke service
All our efforts are focused on the customer experience
We have reinforced our safety and prevention measures
With 30 rooms spread across 8,000 m2 on a 700 ha estate, social distance is guaranteed
Space is luxury
- More than 8,000 m2 for only 30 rooms.
- Even when the hotel is fully booked, guests are unlikely to cross each other.
- A perfectly restored 12th-century abbey with a private art collection.
- A selection of several restaurant options with outdoor seating or large spaces are available to ensure and even exceed the new physical-distancing measures.
The spacious and majestic Cloister Garden
The large and exclusive LeDomaine swimming pool
Each guestroom at LeDomaine is unique and spacious
Extraordinary and wide-open spaces filled with peace
Exclusive terraces to enjoy a delightful breakfast
Art and fine-dining coexist in a large space
Unique outdoor experiences in an exceptional environment
Abadia Retuerta’s indoor grandeur
Space is luxury
THE ESTATE AND NATURE
- A private estate of more than 700 ha including vineyards, hills, pine forest and an organic garden by the Douro River
- A place to be enjoyed on foot, by bike or on horseback, in the heart of nature and with no pollutionat all.
Unique moments on the banks of the Douro River and in the vineyards
Savor the history and flavors of the land in the organic garden
Discover the essence of the Pago wines
Discover the magnitude and immensity of the estate
Explore and enjoy every corner of the estate
New Safety Measures
• Prevention and health safety training for all employees in order to guarantee excellent service.
• Use of ozone disinfection in Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine facilities.
• Insurance policy including ambulance coverage in case of necessity.
• Availability of an exclusive heliport prepared for health emergency
• Employees’ mandatory use of PPE –Personal Protective Equipment– before they start their workday.
• Limited, contained access of workers in order to prevent overcrowding
• Taking and monitoring employees’ temperature beforethey start the workday.
• Mandatory use of PPE –Personal Protective Equipment– throughout the workday for our collaborators.
• Taking guests’ temperature upon arrival.
• Installation of hand-sanitizer dispensers in common areas.
• Implementation of measures and hygienic protocols to disinfect the stipulated common areas every 60 minutes, specially those frequently handled objects.
• Implementation of specific hygienic measures and use of ozone generators to disinfect, eliminate bacteria and purify the air in common areas and guestrooms.
• Disinfection and special sealing of mobile and remote-control devices and audiovisual equipment.
• Guests will receive a Safe Pack including an FFP2 mask, gloves and hand sanitizer to be used during their hotel stay.
• Replacement of all the guestrooms linens, which will be stored in a specially prepared, closed-off room until their collection for the laundry service.
• Exhaustive measures and hygiene protocols in the bedding, linen storage and dry-cleaning service areas. Linen will be bagged and separated to guarantee hygiene until their use.
• Every equipment and material available to guests will be disinfected with ozone and will be placed in sealed hygienic bags.
• Implementation of a specific protocol in the event of infection.
• Restriction of the number of employees in the kitchen.
• Mandatory use of PPE –Personal Protective Equipment– for all kitchen staff.
• Exclusive, limited access for the reception of goods and material. Elimination of secondary and tertiary packaging and disinfection of packages and packaging.
• Ozone and ultraviolet disinfection of all kitchen utensils, material and equipment used during the service in a specially equipped and closed-off room.
SPA AND OUTDOOR POOL
• SPA facilities and services will be available prior reservation.
• Restriction and limitation of SPA hours and capacity.
• Fitting out of the exclusive swimming pool amongst the vineyards and significant space between the lounge chairs.
RESTAURANTS AND MEETING SPACE
• Redesign of common areas in order to guarantee the required capacity and physical distance between guests.
• Refectorio: 144 square meters for a maximum capacity of 22 people. 2-meter distance between tables.
• Vinoteca: 79.52 square meters for a maximum capacity of 16 people. 2-meter distance between tables.
• Breakfast can be served in an outdoor space during the summer, weather permitting.
• Dinner can be served in an outdoor space during the summer, weather permitting.
• Capacity reduction in the common areas according to the Spanish Government guidelines reflected in the BOE (Spain’s Official State Gazette).
The same safety and hygiene measures have been adapted for the Unique Experiences area of the winery:
• Adaptation of our Unique Experiences activities in order to guarantee compliance with the safety measures.
• Obligatory use of PPE –Personal Protective Equipment–by our collaborators
• Taking guests’ temperature upon arrival at Visitor Center.
• Customers will receive a Safe Pack, which includes an FFP2 mask, gloves and hand sanitizer before their visit.
• Capacity reduction and restriction for each planned winery visit, following the healthy and safety recommendations.
• Implementation of hygienic measures and disinfection of the equipment used during each winery visit.
• Installation of hand-sanitizer dispensers in common areas.
• Capacity reduction and restriction in the winery shop. Reorganization of spaces to comply with the safety guidelines.
And all of this can be found in an extraordinary environment where history and nature play nowadays a more important role due to their safety value: a unique estate offering an exceptional quality of service.
We strongly hope to welcome you very soon to experience unforgettable moments together!
• B.O.E. (Spain’s Official State Gazette) (2020). Royal Decree 463/2020 of March 14, by which the state of alarm is enacted for the management of the health-crisis situation caused by COVID-19. Boletín Oficial del Estado no. 67 p. 25390 to 25400.
• B.O.E. (Spain’s Official State Gazette) (2020). Order SND/386/2020 of May 3, which relaxes certain social restrictions and determines the conditions for carrying out retail activities and the provision of services, as well as hospitality and restaurant activities in the territories least affected by the health crisis caused by COVID-19. Boletín Oficial del Estado no. 123, p. 31103 to 31112.
• Ministry of Health (2020). Technical Document “Medidas higiénicas para la prevención de contagios de COVID-19” (“Hygienic measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19”). April 6, 2020, version. Government of Spain.
• Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism. (2020). COVID 19 Guía de las buenas prácticas para los establecimientos y trabajadores del sector turístico (COVID-19 Guide on best practices for tourism sector establishments and workers). April 2020. Ministry of Health and Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism. Government of Spain.
• WHO (2020). COVID-19 and food safety: guidance for food businesses: interim guidance, 07 April 2020.
• Ministry of Health (2020). Nota sobre el uso de productos biocidas para la desinfección del COVID-19 (Note on the use of biocidal products for COVID-19 disinfection). April 27, 2020. Government of Spain.
• Ministry of Health (2020). Productos biocidas autorizados en España (Biocidal products authorized in Spain). Government of Spain. • WHO (2007). Infection prevention and control of epidemic and pandemic prone acute respiratory diseases in health care. WHO interim guidelines.